How many times have you done this?: Right after Thanksgiving you promise yourself that this year you’re going to really enjoy the season. You’ll buy less, eat less, be less busy, spend more time with family and friends, and enjoy all of it. But before you know it, Christmas is over and your full, tired, broke, and you’ve missed the whole season.
Enough. This year can be different. For the month of December, at New Story Church we’re going to talk about how to do Christmas in a different way. Here’s what we’ll talk about:
– How to Expect Miracles – God wants to work in and through our lives. We’ll talk about how we can look for miracles in our lives and make them happen.
– Giving Up on Perfect – Sometimes we think that in order to be spiritual, we have to be perfect. Christmas is a messy time of year. The first one sure was! We’ll talk about how God loves us and can use us just the way we are.
– Scandalous Love – God’s love for us is scandalous. It pursues us in spite of our unfaithfulness. How cool is that?
– Whose Birthday is Christmas? – It’s so easy to get caught up in all the commercialism of Christmas. We’ll talk about concrete ways to bring meaning back into the Christmas season in the midst of 10 million advertisements telling us that we must buy things to prove to people how much we love them.
– Starting the New Year Off Right – What if we let the Christmas season shape the way we start off the New Year? We’ll talk about how to do it.
We’ll talk about these things on Sunday mornings at 9:30 a.m. and Wednesday evenings at 7 p.m. at the Creekside Bowling Lanes. We hope you come join us.